bad english to say, to hope you

Image Here, you must write in English about the subjects you would like...
Annelaure
Posteur d'Argent
Posteur d'Argent
Genre :

bad english to say, to hope you

Message par Annelaure » 04 janvier 2008 12:24

good new year at all of you! :wink:

boule
Posteur Experimente
Posteur Experimente

Re: bad english to say, to hope you

Message par boule » 04 janvier 2008 17:38

Annelore a écrit :good new year at all of you! :wink:
Hi Annelore,

I wish you and your family an happy new year and hope you'll enjoy all the next coming 366 days on this creasy forum.

C'est un lion dans ta cage en avatar ?
"Celui qui cherche une femme belle, bonne et intelligente, n'en cherche pas une mais trois !!
OW

Annelaure
Posteur d'Argent
Posteur d'Argent
Genre :

Message par Annelaure » 04 janvier 2008 19:04

Thanks. No, it's a bird que j'ai amputé d'une phalange de la patte moi-même (férié, P à ¢ques, et aucun véto à  vouloir à  part le mien alors absent) une semaine après que le véto l'ait amputé d'un autre doigt. Alors que tous les autres véto refusaient ou s'offraient juste à  l'euthanasier, sauf mon véto (de Metz-Tessy (74)), mon oiseau a ainsi été sauvé de la gangrène dont il était porteur, et a gardé quelques doigts à  cette même patte. Il vit comme avant. La photo, c'était à  l'époque des soins post amputation ( à   devoir l'attrapper tous les jours pour). Un bonheur et une victoire pour moi et mon véto (qui a une fois de + preuve que ses choix et conseils sont les meilleurs. Il est vraiment extra et dévoué). Voil à  ...

boule
Posteur Experimente
Posteur Experimente

Message par boule » 04 janvier 2008 19:33

ah bon et c'est quoi comme oiseau ? Sorry what kind of bird is it ? it seems to be a lion ? quite strange the photo ?
"Celui qui cherche une femme belle, bonne et intelligente, n'en cherche pas une mais trois !!
OW

Annelaure
Posteur d'Argent
Posteur d'Argent
Genre :

Message par Annelaure » 04 janvier 2008 20:05

It's a sparrow (find in the dictionnary) of Japan.

boule
Posteur Experimente
Posteur Experimente

Message par boule » 04 janvier 2008 21:01

Annelore a écrit :It's a sparrow (find in the dictionnary) of Japan.
donc un moineau

But I still maintain that your photo is really strange and I mostly see a lion and not a sparrow.

Any way it has got a real luck to meet you and your veto.
OW

Maheu
Posteur de Bronze
Posteur de Bronze

Message par Maheu » 04 janvier 2008 21:17

I agree with you MOnti : I can see a Lion on the veto of Annelore :cool:

boule
Posteur Experimente
Posteur Experimente

Message par boule » 04 janvier 2008 21:22

Maheu a écrit :I agree with you MOnti : I can see a Lion on the veto of Annelore :cool:
Thanks because I was really anxious and affraid of having eyes trouble when seing a lion instead of a sparrow.

Maybe Annelore's photo has been so much reduced for the avatar that the bird became a very small lion :roll:

No doubt Annelore will send another photo of her bird

have a nice evening
OW

Maheu
Posteur de Bronze
Posteur de Bronze

Message par Maheu » 05 janvier 2008 02:39

it mays be because of the grille, which looks a bit like a big grille in a zoo

(as I miss vocable to express each word I need, I have wroten in italique the words I don't know)

sorry!... but thanks to you, I'm gonna become better (hope so, anyway...)
:wink:

(euh : MOntibouli, just a little thing : I am almost sure, that you must write "afraid" (and not "affraid")

boule
Posteur Experimente
Posteur Experimente

Message par boule » 05 janvier 2008 09:32

Maheu a écrit :it mays be because of the grille, which looks a bit like a big grille in a zoo

(as I miss vocable to express each word I need, I have wroten in italique the words I don't know)

sorry!... but thanks to you, I'm gonna become better (hope so, anyway...)
:wink:

(euh : MOntibouli, just a little thing : I am almost sure, that you must write "afraid" (and not "affraid")
Hello Maheu Gd morning to you,

Yes you'r right it's afraid and not affraid and this is a mistake since I am thinking in french and french gramatical rules dobble consonants between two vowels

Anyway I apreciate to be corrected by you and or any one else since this way is the only way to improuve.

I should translate "grilles" into " iron bars of the bird-cage"

Enjoy your week-end and pleased to meet you again on the fofo.
Bye for now
OW

Stévenot Gilbert
Fan d'Inter
Fan d'Inter
Genre :

The use of french words in English,

Message par Stévenot Gilbert » 07 janvier 2008 19:38

I don't remember who said that in past messages "Don't abuse of French words" For me it is great error, for the English language has a lot of them, and I will give you an exemple with the following text, written by a reknown american writer, whose name was Samuel Adams.

""If men of wisdom and knowledge of moderation and temperance of sobriety, and true republican simplicity and manners of zeal for the honor of the supreme Being and welfare of the commenwealth; if men possess other excellent qualities are chosen to fill the seats of goverment we may expect that our affairs will rest on a solid permanent foundation.""

As you can see there is in this text more French words than English words.
Maintenir une vie compliquée est un trop long chemin que pour se soustraire à  le changer.

boule
Posteur Experimente
Posteur Experimente

Re: The use of french words in English,

Message par boule » 07 janvier 2008 22:05

Stévenot Gilbert a écrit :I don't remember who said that in past messages "Don't abuse of French words" For me it is great error, for the English language has a lot of them, and I will give you an exemple with the following text, written by a reknown american writer, whose name was Samuel Adams.

""If men of wisdom and knowledge of moderation and temperance of sobriety, and true republican simplicity and manners of zeal for the honor of the supreme Being and welfare of the commenwealth; if men possess other excellent qualities are chosen to fill the seats of goverment we may expect that our affairs will rest on a solid permanent foundation.""

As you can see there is in this text more French words than English words.
I tried several times to find the french words in the text but must say I'hve been unable to find them.

Is it a game ? Can you please underline them or explain ?

May be it's too late and my brain is tired .

Thks your reply
OW

Stévenot Gilbert
Fan d'Inter
Fan d'Inter
Genre :

Message par Stévenot Gilbert » 08 janvier 2008 00:13

montibouli a écrit : I tried several times to find the french words in the text but must say I'hve been unable to find them.

Is it a game ? Can you please underline them or explain ?

May be it's too late and my brain is tired .

Thks your reply

I think you brain must tired, or you want to play with words professor.You are going a bit to far, or didn't undertand that I wanted to explain that the text is very easy to understand without having learned much of the English. I don't want to cause you any inconvenienve....When you say " "Don't abuse of French words", you should have said "Don't misuse of French words.
You can abuse a women sexualy!! Moderation, temperance,excellent, affair, solid, and others words quite similar, are indeed from german origin, assistant lecturer !!.Don't even try to understand, and I have nothing to explain.......Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridicoulous, but anyone who can constently laugh at himself does not.We serve a purpose in this topic,it is not an academic discussion. and to close I tell you I don't appreciate your insolence....
Maintenir une vie compliquée est un trop long chemin que pour se soustraire à  le changer.

JoeBAR
Posteur Experimente
Posteur Experimente

Message par JoeBAR » 08 janvier 2008 01:01

Stévenot Gilbert a écrit : and to close I tell you I don't appreciate your insolence....
If you keep trying to drive hopeful English student out of this section, you'll end up talking to yourself, old man.

Maheu
Posteur de Bronze
Posteur de Bronze

Message par Maheu » 08 janvier 2008 02:05

Yes, I agree with Joebar. Let's be indulgent with those who - like me - don't speak very well english but would like to try to talk a little bit on this topic ! :wink:

Répondre

Retourner vers « INTER ENGLISH TALK »